PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU:
CatchMyStory.org (“CMS”) does not automatically collect any personally identifiable information. CMS obtains personal information about you ONLY if you elect to give us that information and only for the purposes of allowing you to upload and post content on our websites, and to create or customize your own webpage and/or a book or product (the “Services”). CMS collects personal information when you register to use our Services, use our customer service, purchase products and/or services, and/or when you communicate with us electronically. Following is the personal information that CMS may collect from you on one of our websites:
- First name, last name and middle initial
- E-mail Address
- User ID Name
- Phone Number
- Address and/or Zip Code
During the Purchase Process for any Products:
- Credit Card Number and Expiration Date – Credit card information will be collected but it will not be stored by CMS. Credit card information will be captured briefly by CMS for the purpose of bank verification. A transaction number will be stored in the CMS database.
- Billing Address
- Shipping Address
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
CMS will not sell your personal information to non-affiliated third-parties.
If you provide personal information to CMS, we may use it in the following limited ways:
- CMS may use your name and email and postal address to send you information advising you of our upcoming events, new products, services, features, and/or information pertaining to CMS websites and other related information.
- CMS will use your name and email address to notify you of the status of your online purchase of any products and/or services.
- CMS may use personal information for internal purposes, such as tracking demographic data to make our websites and services more useful to users. CMS may provide its affiliates and business partners with your personal information in order to be able to provide our products and services to you.
- CMS provides certain trusted third parties that we retain for the provision of technical or other services (for example, credit card processing and book publishing services) with access to personal information. However, third parties retained by CMS to provide such services are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and are not authorized to use this information for any purpose other than providing those services.
- CMS will disclose personally identifiable information if required by law to do so.
- CMS will not sell your personally identifiable information to third parties.
WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT AND STORE NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
APPLICABILITY OF POLICY
CMS understands that your personal information is sensitive and protecting the confidentiality and integrity of this information is a top priority for us.
Our websites have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. CMS treats personal data as critical assets that must be guarded at all times against loss and unauthorized access. Our server is encrypted to protect credit card and other information submitted via the forms on our websites. Our server is located in a locked, secure environment. All databases containing personal information are securely stored and protected behind a firewall.
FOR MORE INFORMATION